The client is one of the leading cable manufacturer in coimbatore and he was looking for ERP for his Cable Manufacturing unit. His end customers are the top leading suppliers of wires with their own brand names in and outside India. The client had their own in-house developed Desktop application software, which partially met the management expectation. But it needed more customisation to make the process simpler, easier and more user friendly.
The existing version of software was developed using traditional Visual Basic version 6 (VB6) and Microsoft SQL (MSSQL) as backend.
While doing the case study in the existing system, it has been discovered that tracking the inventory levels of copper is not straight forward. Every time the resources should calculate the list of copper utilised during a course of time, calculate and analyse the requirements for the future, and place the next order to the vendors that is not accurate and precise. It takes lot of time to track production, sales, past orders, wastage and future orders manually. Not only the above, improper planning results to wasting useful labor in trivial works, and is also prone to human error
Another major drawback on using the existing system is the employees in the production area have to leave the production area, go to a computer, log in to the computers, open the software, provide the required inputs, get information about the input product, and provide the required updates. And the process to do that takes about thirty minutes to an hour
To overcome this situation, we recommend to build an android mobile app where the employees can bring an android phone or tablet into the production area and enter the inputs and get all the information that they need in about one second. That is really the beauty of mobile software. It simplifies some complex tasks that do not need to be complex. Our business model is very simple but the Desktop Software that is being used is complex.
What we proposed
The best way to simplify complex business processes and make employees’ jobs easier is to migrate the existing version of desktop software into webbased version using PHP as the development language, MYSQL as backend and develop mobile application using Android. Since android version devices are cheap we plan to develop android application that will get the input from the user and synchronise that information into the main server similarly, the same approach will be used for the output.
The Opportunity after the initial discussion with the client’s IT organization with their IT heads, the goals / key were derived as below Some of them are the key criteria’s
- a) Current version of application platform should be customized according to the needs of each So the existing application source code should be altered / modified to meet the requirement. No clear roadmap is laid to follow the requirements.
- b) Develop an android version of the software that will help the users to use the system in the areas where desktops cannot be used.
The proposal for Cable Industry for our client can be viewed hereYou should be logged in to download the PDF Version of the proposal
inexpensivecoders is a Custom software development and Mobile application development company focused on empowering organisations by deploying the best of breed, cost-effective software solutions that would add immense value to their business processes . From Desktop to mobile including Android, iPhone applications, iPad applications, PHP, HTML5, .Net, PERL, CFML, Python applications) inexpensivecoders delivers apps and websites on every platform.
inexpensivecoders also offers full white label solutions, mobile applications, mobile websites, complete brand customization, applications for small businesses and more.Our wide-range of services include Custom Applications Development, Applications Maintenance Outsourcing, Web Services, Architectural Strategy & Design, Enterprise Application Integration (EAI), Enterprise Application Implementation (ERP/CRM), BI/Data Warehousing, Legacy Systems Support. inexxpensivecoders service portfolio encompasses the entire range of solutions required by the IT industry.
inexpensivecoders has grown to become a global service provider of IT Services focused on the telecom, media, technology, manufacturing, power and healthcare industries. Our services span from Application Management Outsourcing, Packaged Application Services, Independent Validation, Verification and Testing, Product Development, and Support, to higher value-added offerings including Managed Platform and Product Engineering Services.
Scope of Work
Client want us to develop Helpdesk ticketing system which can be used for multiple locations (Botswana, India, Mauritius and Zambia)
- Ticketing management
- Knowledge access
- Public and private actions on tickets
- Customizable ticket submission form
- Job Card with time spent on ticket with cost.
- Email With Superpowers – Use as email management software, keeping your existing email account and receiving all the functionality of our tool.
- Responsive – application will be fully responsive and will scale to the size of any device.
- Open Source – You will receive full non-encrypted and non-obfuscated source code, so you can modify it (or hire a freelancer to do it for you) in any way you want.
- Lifetime License – Pay once and receive a lifetime license. There are no recurring fees.
- Professional Design – Pixel-perfect design based on Google’s material design guidelines.
- Search – Powerful search with multiple integrated providers, including elastic search, algolia, MySQL and more.
- Rich Text Editor – Ticket body uses a rich text editor that allows file uploads, code formatting, inline images, canned replies, links, undo/redo, drafts and more.
- Knowledgebase Management – Organize your knowledge base using categories and tags, create articles with a powerful html editor.
- User Settings – Let users change common settings like their time zone, language, country and more.
- Groups – Flexible groups system to assign users to or agents to teams, organizations, companies and more.
|Compatible Browsers||IE11, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome, Edge|
|Software Version||PHP 7.x, PHP 5.6|
Client has to provide the following to aid the development:-
Resources that needs to be deployed from inexpensivecoders:-
|Designation||Number of resources|
|Business Relation Manager||1|
|QA and Testing||1|
- These resources will be deployed by inexpensivecoders at their desired location.
- The client can enquire, question or even suggest his ideas at any time to the Business Relation Manager as per his own convenience.
- The Client is not responsible for the resources in any which way.
NOTE: Any Features, Design, or other development changes made after the freezing of requirement gathering (SOW) will be treated as a Change Request and will be treated as out of project boundaries and will be charged accordingly.
Costing Involved For Application Development:-
|Development cost||XX,XXX INR|
|Hosting and domain per year (Optional)||X,XXX INR|
This amount is exclusive of tax (which will be according to Indian Govt.).
Note : Domain and hosting cost included in first year.
3. Terms and Conditions
1. Contract: The client’s approval for work to commence shall be deemed a contractual agreement between the client and inexpensivecoders. The approval for the work can be through either an email confirming back the quote (with the quote document attached) or the quote document signed by the client.
Important: Payment of the advance fee indicates that the client accepts these terms and conditions, and approves to commence the work.
2. Free Technical Support: inexpensivecoders provides 1 Months free technical support for following kind of issues:
- Programming errors/bugs
- Logical Bugs/Calculation related errors/bugs
- Connection errors/API Integration Errors
Above support is not available if the errors/bugs arise due to any external entity. Example:
- Server or software or application or extension downgrades or upgrades
- Edits done by any external entity/person/professional in the code/scripts delivered by us.
- Operating System or Browser Version Downgrades/Upgrades
- Any other factor which is not directly related to any deficiency at the end of inexpensivecoders
Note: If anything occurred in software which is beyond the project agreement, inexpensivecoders shall not be liable for any kind of support. inexpensivecoders can deny for any kind of support during this period.
3. Browser compatibility: inexpensivecoders makes every effort to design pages that work flawlessly on most popular current browsers i.e. IE11 and latest versions of Firefox/Chrome released on the date of project agreement. We however cannot be held responsible for pages that do not display acceptably in new versions of browsers released after pages have been designed. IE10 and older IE versions are outdated browsers and hence we don’t design with them in mind. We recommend using latest version of Chrome or Firefox instead of older versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer.
4. Photography and graphics: inexpensivecoders may use stock photographs and images while creating the website. Images and graphics purchased from stock libraries are not generally included in the quote and will be invoiced separately. inexpensivecoders will keep the client updated about the stock images being used and the cost involved before raising the invoice.
5. Search Engine Submission: Following services are not part of the project unless agreed otherwise in writing:
a. Submission of websites on different search engines.
b. Securing good ranking of your website on different search engines.
c. Search Engine Optimization – On Page/Off Page.
6. Site maintenance: Unless otherwise agreed in writing, following services will be separately billed after the website has been made live:
a. Content updates
b. Refinements and logical tweaks to the website, which were not planned/approved by client earlier.
c. Content presentation and design updates which were not planned/approved by client earlier.
7. Content: After inexpensivecoders has delivered the website to client, client is solely responsible for the content/information/images posted on his website. If there is any error or omission by inexpensivecoders team while uploading/posting the content/information/images on client’s website, inexpensivecoders will correct it if reported to inexpensivecoders representatives.
8. Material: All material supplied by the client shall remain client’s property. inexpensivecoders rightfully believes that this material belongs to the client and that it does not breach any copyright laws. Under no circumstances shall inexpensivecoders be held responsible for any claims, damages, and loss of profit or reputation caused to client due to the use of material provided by the client.
9. Domain names booked by inexpensivecoders on behalf of client: inexpensivecoders provides domain name consultancy if required. Domain names registered by inexpensivecoders on the client’s behalf are property of inexpensivecoders until client has paid for the domain booked and any fee involved.
inexpensivecoders agrees to transfer such domains to the client or his/her agent when asked to do so provided that all accounts have been settled.
Note: Domains booked and owned by client are not subject to this term. This term applies only to those domains that are booked by inexpensivecoders upon the request of client.
10. Travel Time and Expenses: Travelling time to and from the client premises is not generally included in our estimate. If a visit/travel is required for meeting, the client will bear all the expenses or as agreed by both the parties.
11. 3rd Party Add-ons/services/applications: All third-party costs arising from the registration of a domain name/purchase of third party utilities/services shall be met by the Client and are payable to inexpensivecoders before a formal application for registration is made. Examples of 3rd party fees are as under:
• Domain Names
• Server Space Hosting Fees
• SSL Certificates
• Backup Services
• 3rd Party APIs, if any, required by ‘Client’ to be integrated with the work ordered.
• 3rd Party Plugins/Scripts/Applications/Software/Widgets/Services, if any, required by ‘Client’ to be integrated with the work ordered.
• Payment Gateways Signup and Recurring Fees
12. Examples of work: Unless negotiated otherwise, inexpensivecoders retains the right to list/display the client name and logo with or without work performed (Design/Development/Online Promotion) for the Client in its respective portfolio and promotion materials. This over-ride all previous agreements and NDAs signed.
13. Quotations: The price quoted to the client is for the work agreed in the proposal document only. Should the client decide that changes are required after the project work has been initiated, then inexpensivecoders will provide a separate quote for the additional work and may need to review the timescale for completing the project. Cost estimates and prices quoted are valid for maximum one month unless otherwise agreed.
14. Mode of Payment
a. Clients Based Outside India: International Wire Transfers, Credit Card/PayPal.
b. Clients Based in India: NEFT, RTGS or Physical Cheques.
15. Payment Terms:
a. Payment plan is agreed between the ‘Client’ and inexpensivecoders based on the milestones.
b. Payment shall be due within 7 days of the invoice date unless specifically mentioned in the Invoice.
c. Full publication of the website/technical work will only take place after full payment has been received in our account unless otherwise agreed in writing.
d. Any material previously published may be removed if payment is not received. When this occurs, a minimum charge of $150 USD will be charged to have the site restored.
e. Accounts that have not been settled within 7 days of the date shown on the invoice will incur a late payment charge of $50 USD or 5% of the Invoiced Amount (whichever is higher), for each week delayed.
f. In case of delay in payments beyond the due date, inexpensivecoders reserves the right to stop the work being commenced and ‘Client’ agrees to exempt inexpensivecoders from meeting the timelines agreed.
16. Cancellation: Both the parties reserve the right to cancel the project at any stage.
i. In case the project is cancelled by Client, the payments made for the project can be refunded to the client after deducting the upfront payment amount received for Initiation of the project and the other payments received against the milestones completed.
ii. In case the project is cancelled by inexpensivecoders, the payments made for the project can be refunded after deducting USD 10 per hour for the hours spent on the work performed for the client including but not limited to the time spent on project discussion, requirements gathering, project planning & documentation, project initiation and execution. After the payments are settled between the two parties – inexpensivecoders shall transfer to ‘Client’ – all the documents, designs and scripts produced for the project.
iii. In case of interruption/problem from any third- party service like hosting, API’s or any services, inexpensivecoders shall not be held responsible for any data/files lost or any issue or will not be liable for any refund of amount.
iv. After project/order cancellation/refund issued, inexpensivecoders reserves all rights to take down the website published. Client is responsible to keep a backup of the data published on the website/server, inexpensivecoders shall not be held responsible for any data/files lost.
17. Delayed Response from Client Side: Unreasonable delays from client side in providing the required feedback/information/data to finish the project shall exempt inexpensivecoders from meeting the timelines mentioned in the quote. In case, client does not provide required details/data/information for more than 15 working days, client authorizes inexpensivecoders to forfeit the payments made towards this project.
18. Time Estimates: Client agrees that stipulated timelines cannot be met if the project scope is changed by client once the project scope document is finalized. Client agrees not to change the requirements without extending the original agreed timelines by minimum 1 week against each change request.
19. Share in profits from business or sale of business: After client makes the agreed payment for the project, inexpensivecoders will not claim share in client’s profits from business or from sale of business to some other company.
20. Copyright/Ownership Rights: inexpensivecoders will retain the copyright of any material, including design, artwork and the source code, created for the client by inexpensivecoders. inexpensivecoders reserves the right to retain the copyright on all material created by inexpensivecoders unless otherwise agreed between the two parties in writing. As per the agreed terms client owns rights on following items:
i. Logo/Graphics/Pictures/Images supplied by client – Yes
ii. Website Interface/PSD/Creatives/Designs – Yes, if client has ordered custom design with Exclusive Rights.
iii. Programming Files/Source Code – Yes, if the Client has ordered the project with Exclusive Rights. Client does not own the copyright/Intellectual property rights for projects being done on Single Domain License basis.
iv. If the project is being done on Single Domain License basis, Client owns the rights to use the system only on designated domains and Client should take reasonable care of the system files to restrict un-authorized access of the system scripts/source code delivered.
21. Ownership of Code and Intellectual Property Rights: Unless otherwise agreed, inexpensivecoders is the owner of the source code and the intellectual property rights and reserves the right to reuse the code for other projects.
(Terms 22nd to 25th are only applicable in case of Single Domain Non Exclusive License)
22. Single Domain License: Unless otherwise agreed, client agrees to setup the scripts delivered only on one domain, one sub-domain (subdomain.yourdomain.com) and local host. However if client wish to run same website on different domain/sub-domain, then client has to purchase separate license for each domain/sub-domain.
No license would be required for Add-on Domains that will point to the main domain where this system will be implemented. All add-on domains will be forwarded to the main domain from the hosting server and no additional license would be required for these domains. For every new domain or sub-domain, client has to buy a separate license.
23. License Validity Period: Limited period license is issued initially. After 6 months from the date of full payment, life time license is issued. Feel Free to contact inexpensivecoders Support Team, in case your license has expired and payment has been made in full, such issues will be resolved on highest priority.
24. No recurring costs of license: There is no renewal/recurring license fee. However, if client wishes to run same website on different domain or sub domain, then client has to purchase separate license for each domain or sub domain.
25. Use of encrypted files: Unless otherwise agreed, inexpensivecoders can use own framework (code library in encrypted format) for web applications development for making source code of our intellectual property/scripts secure from other programmers; faster turnaround time; and bug free application development. Client will be provided with detailed documentation for using framework (code library functions). With the help of documentation provided, other programmers can modify the website functionality. inexpensivecoders framework is collection of functions related to Database Manipulation, Images/Files Management, Paging, and Form Builder etc. which looks like PHP Functions but have different syntax than default PHP functions. Other willing and efficient PHP programmers can learn and practice this functions/framework within 2-4 days.
Note: In no event, inexpensivecoders shall be liable to the client or any third party for any damages, including any lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate these Web pages or website, even if inexpensivecoders has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Despite the best efforts of inexpensivecoders, errors in web page information may occur. At no time, will inexpensivecoders be held responsible for accidentally including erroneous information, extending beyond correcting the error.
Should inexpensivecoders waive any of these terms on an individual basis, this shall not affect the validity of remaining clauses or commit inexpensivecoders to waive the same clause on any other occasion.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, your statutory rights are not affected.
inexpensivecoders reserves the right to change or modify any of these terms or conditions at any time, but agreements signed prior to the updates in this agreement remains unaffected. Please feel free to contact us for more info/clarification about any of the terms and conditions mentioned above.